The Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime
Babson College’s Initiative on Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery and International Organization for Migration (IOM) jointly with the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime were the founding organizations of the RESPECT initiative. As of July 2019, the Global Initiative hosts the RESPECT initiative and its activities, which includes serving as the research lead of the Tech Against Trafficking Initiative and expanding the Modern Slavery Map.
To help the Tech Against Trafficking Accelerator fulfil its mission, Tech Against Trafficking is looking for enthusiastic, collaborative contributors to provide support over the course of the six month Accelerator program.
Please note that employment opportunities are not provided through this contributors program.
Contributors would ideally commit 2-4 hours per week assisting the Accelerator participants. Depending on your expertise and availability, engagement could range from a couple of weeks, working on a time bound project, to an extended period of engagement over the course of the six-month Accelerator. The exact time commitment will depend on what technical assistance the Accelerator participants need at various stages of the process and contributor availability.
- Improving the design and implementation of existing technological solutions to permit scaling in terms of data, computation, cases, and users, as well as through a “lift-and-shift” migration to new geographical and cultural contexts.
- Developing data anonymization mechanisms, data sharing protocols, and data management platforms that are informed by the state-of-the-art in anonymization approaches, the need for standardized reporting, and the sensitive nature of human trafficking case records and other data.
- Investigating the potential for new forms of technology to transform each stage of the human trafficking lifecycle, for example the use of real-time spoken language translation to support victim outreach and survivor support
- Front-end Development
- Back-End Development
- Machine Learning
- Interaction Design or Generalist Design
- Strategy Development
- Program and Project Scaling and Expansion
- Program and Project Management
- Data Analysis, Management, and Architecture
If you are interested in contributing and if you believe that you have useful skills for the Accelerator, please complete the application form.